PennCard Access Code
Your PennCard Access Code or PAC (formerly referred to as your Residential Access Code or Personal Access Code) is the four digit number used in conjunction with your PennCard at Penn to gain admittance to residential buildings.
Viewing and Changing Your PAC (PennCard Access Code)
Residents may change their PAC and create a new one by following the steps found at:
The access procedures for residents and guests were developed to protect the safety and well-being of the Penn student, staff and faculty bodies. As a rule, DO NOT:
Let others use your PennCard to gain access to a College House or Sansom Place East/West.
- Share your PAC
- Sign in strangers as guests
- Leave your room or apartment door unlocked
- Prop exterior doors open
- Disable safety or security equipment
- Leave guests once they've been signed in.
Tips to keep your Residence Safe
Whether you live on campus or off following these simple tips can keep you and your roommates safe.
- DO NOT let anyone "tailgate" you into a building. It is OK to tell someone that they will have to wait to be let in by the person they are visiting.
- DO NOT prop doors
- Get to know your neighbors
- DO NOT leave windows open or unsecured when you leave your residence, even if for only a few minutes.
- Lock and secure first floor windows at night when you go to sleep
- ALWAYS lock your door.
- Call the Penn Police at 215-573-3333 (511 from campus phone) if you feel unsafe or notice suspicious activity
- Report issues such as broken windows, lights or locks