Shelter-In-Place is a procedure where the entire building population is moved to a single or multiple location(s) in a building. Most commonly used during weather emergencies or when an extremely hazardous substance is released into the outside atmosphere.
- Stay inside your building, or immediately go into the nearest building.
- Close all windows.
- Immediately go to your designated shelter area.
- If you do not know where your designated shelter area is located, look for the Emergency Preparedness Bulletin in your building. This bulletin is usually located on the first floor, near or inside of the elevators. You can also go to the Blue Book section of this website and view the bulletin for your building there
- Await further instructions from emergency personnel or your Emergency Team Member.
- DO NOT evacuate the building until you receive an "all clear" from emergency personnel.