Ways to Report a Complaint Against Police
The University of Pennsylvania Police Department’s goal is to improve the quality of services provided, to promote a high level of public confidence, and to enhance and maintain the professional integrity of this department and its members.
Procedures for Filing a Complaint Against Penn Police
All citizen complaints concerning alleged officer misconduct shall be documented and investigated by the department. Citizens who have complaints should expect action. All complaints shall be accepted in a courteous, understanding, and professional manner. Forms are available in the following locations:
- Division of Public Safety headquarters, 4040 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Division of Public Safety website: Police Complaint Form
- Campus Resource Centers:
- Student Intervention Services
- Penn Career Services
- Office of the Vice Provost for University Life
- Counseling & Psychological Services
- Office of the Ombudsman
- Student Health Service
You may reach out to any of the many other resources on campus, including the Office of the Chaplain and Penn Division of Recreation and Intercollegiate Athletics (DRIA), any Penn resource where you feel comfortable can assist you in filing a complaint.
Complaints may be submitted: in person, by telephone, fax, in writing, or submitted electronically from the DPS website.
- In person: Please hand deliver to the Division of Public Safety headquarters, located at 4040 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104.
- Mail: Send to the Office of the Superintendent at the same address.
- Fax: Use the following number – 215.573.7042
- Electronic Submission: Please go to the Police Complaint Form to fill out an electronic submission