Building Area of Refuge (BAR)
Building Relocation Site
Building Shelter-in-Place Area
- Go inside the nearest building.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Report to the building’s shelter area.
- Close all doors as you exit.
- Activate fire alarm pull station.
- Evacuate the building via nearest exit; report to BAR listed above; and call emergency number.
- Do not use elevators.
- Do not re-enter building until authorized by emergency personnel.
RUN (Evacuate): When an active shooter is in your vicinity
HIDE (Hide Out): If evacuation is not possible, find a place hide.
FIGHT (Take Action): AS A LAST RESORT, and only if your life is in danger.
POLICE RESPONSE: When law enforcement officers arrive: Keep your EMPTY hands raised and visible. Remain calm and follow instructions.
Watch the short video below to learn about key emergency procedures:
Evacuate, Shelter-in-Place and Lockdown.